Recipe for: carrot cake + cream cheese frosting (glute
- * 250g homebrand raw sugar
- * 1 lemon
- * 2/3 cup woolworth select vegetable oil
- * 2 woolworth select free range egg
- * 6 small carrot or 3 large
- * 1/2 cup pecan (chopped)
- * 1 1/4 cup (250g) macro free from gluten self raising flour
- * pinch allspice mixed spice
- * pinch baking powder (gluten free)
- * 1 tube woolworth select cream cheese
- * 2 -3 cup icing sugar (alway read the label for gluten free)
- Grate carrots. I did mine in the thermomix on closed lid setting and pressing turbo about 3-5 times. Don't over process. Set carrots aside.
- Place raw sugar and lemon rind in TM bowl and process 10 seconds speed 9. Alternatively combine your caster sugar and lemon rind together
- Add in oil and eggs and combine well until nice and creamy. I did this for 20 seconds on speed 4.
- Add in carrots and pecans and combine. 10 seconds on speed 4
- Measure in flour and a pinch of baking powder and gently combine through the wet ingredients. Gluten free flour is quite forgiving but you don't want to overmix but you also don't want to have a pocket of flour in your finished cake. I did this for 20 seconds on speed 4.
- Pour into a lined cake tin (I love my square 20cm -ish tin) and bake in a 180 degrees oven for about 40-50 minutes until a knife comes out clean.
- To make icing sugar blend together 3 Tablespoons of cream cheese with a dash of lemon juice. Gradually add in the icing sugar and keep adding until you have a nice spreadable frosting. If your icing is too thick just a dash more lemon juice or milk will fix it up.
- Spread icing nice and thickly all over your cake and top with some pecan pieces if you like.
- To make this cake dairy free just leave off the frosting.
- Happy cake eating.