Recipe for: Cashew Chicken Lettuce Cups – Paleo, Glute
- * 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast,
- * 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- * 1/2 tsp black pepper
- * 2 tbsp ghee (can sub with coconut oil)
- * 2 green onion, chopped (white part and green part separated)
- * 2 tsp minced garlic (i used the kind from a jar)
- * 2 tbsp tomato paste
- * 1 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- * 1/4 tsp dried ginger
- * 1 tbsp sesame oil
- * 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- * 3 tbsp coconut amino (can sub with soy sauce or gluten free tamari)
- * 1 pinch red pepper flake
- * 1/2 tsp sea salt
- * 1/2 cup cashew
- In a bag, combine the black pepper and flour. Add the chicken and give the bag a good shaking to the chicken is coated in the flour.
- In a skillet, heat the ghee and cook the chicken for a few minutes on each side on medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, combine all other ingredients (except for the green parts of the onion and cashews)
- Put the chicken and sauce into a slow cooker. Stir in the cashews.
- Cook on low for 2⅓ – 3 hours.
- Serve in butter lettuce cups and sprinkle with the green parts of the onion or on top of my paleo faux fried rice (see link to recipe in body of posting).