Recipe for: Red Velvet Cake Bars
- 8 ounces red velvet cake (about 4-5 cupcakes, or any cake scraps you may have)
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 8oz packet cream cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla or extract of your choice
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Crumble cake into tiny pieces and spread out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 15 minutes at a time, rotating the pan if necessary, and touching the crumbs to see if they're dried out.
- Once the crumbs are dry to your touch, it's ready!
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Toss all the crumbs (which should be hard) into a food processor and add the butter.
- Pulverize until it combines into a paste. You may want to add more butter according to preference (more buttery taste, or more paste-like).
- Spray an 8×8 baking pan with nonstick spray (or put parchment paper on it) and press the base into it until it's completely covered and flat.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, then remove and let cool completely before spreading filling on top.
- Beat the cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream to nearly stiff peaks, then add the whipped cream into the cheese mixture and quickly and briefly beat to combine.
- Do not over beat.
- Spread over the cooled cake base and chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes before consuming.